About the Pilates Method Alliance
The Pilates Method Alliance® (PMA) is the international, not-for-profit, professional association dedicated to the teachings of Joseph H. and Clara Pilates. The PMA’s mission is to protect the public by establishing certification and continuing education standards for Pilates professionals.
- Establish and maintain a national certification exam.
- Encourage professional growth through continuing education.
- Define the parameters of Pilates teaching and expertise.
- To maintain standards while respecting the various approaches to Pilates.
- Promote the benefits of Pilates exercise to the consumer public.
- Serve as an information resource for all Pilates constituents.
- Maintain an international registry of Pilates teachers and training organizations which includes verified information for review and comparison.
- Encourage feedback and evaluate our organization to meet the needs of the community we serve.
Studio Lotus is a Training Organization Member of the PMA. It not only meets, but exceeds the minimum PMA criteria for this level of membership. Studio Lotus supports the Mission Statement and goals of the PMA, and adheres strictly to the PMA Code of Ethics.